Due to the widespread historical use of asbestos in building and construction materials, coupled with poor demolition and disposal practices, asbestos containing material (ACM) contamination in soil and the associated risk is prevalent across Australia.
PRM is experienced in the assessment and management of asbestos in soil contamination issues in accordance with National Environmental Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure, 2013 and WHS Legislation.
PRM has experienced professionals able to assist in the management of the risks associated with asbestos in soil contamination and are able to offer the following services:
- Preliminary assessments: Licensed Asbestos Assessors (LAA) are able to undertake site inspections and walkovers, stockpile inspections and surface visual clearances.
- Asbestos contamination assessments: Surface sampling, stockpile assessments and sampling and Asbestos Contamination Investigations (ACI).
- Asbestos remediation services: Remedial options assessments and costings, preparation of Remediation Action Plans (RAP) and remediation supervision and site presence including LAA supervision, asbestos-fibre air monitoring and asbestos clearance certificates.
- Validation and management services: Asbestos remediation summary and Validation Reports as well as Site Contamination Management Plans for ongoing management of contamination issues.
- Technical asbestos in soil elements including concentration, distribution and friable/non-friable assessment.
- Naturally Occurring Asbestos (NOA) assessments and guidance.
Contact Us now to discuss your requirements.