Due to the widespread historical use of asbestos in building and construction materials, coupled with poor demolition and disposal practices, asbestos containing material (ACM) contamination in soil and the associated risks are prevalent across many areas.
PRM is experienced in the assessment and management of asbestos in soil contamination issues and has experienced professionals able to assist in the management of the associated risks, offering the following services:
- Preliminary assessments: Licensed Asbestos Assessors (LAA) are able to undertake site inspections and walkovers, stockpile inspections and surface visual clearances.
- Asbestos contamination assessments: Surface sampling, stockpile assessments and sampling and Asbestos Contamination Investigations (ACI).
- Asbestos remediation services: Remedial options assessments and costings, preparation of Remediation Action Plans (RAP) and remediation supervision and site presence including LAA supervision, asbestos-fibre air monitoring and asbestos clearance certificates.
- Validation and management services: Asbestos remediation summary and Validation Reports as well as Site Contamination Management Plans for ongoing management of contamination issues.
- Technical asbestos in soil elements including concentration, distribution and friable/non-friable assessment.
- Naturally Occurring Asbestos (NOA) assessments and guidance.
- Technical assessment of asbestos in soil contamination in Australia to WA DOH 2009, NEPM, 2013 and New Zealand specific guidance.
Contact Us now to discuss your requirements.